New REALTOR® Academy
Sumner REALTORS® is proud to offer the New REALTOR® Academy to local REALTOR® members.
The Academy is designed to acclimate new agents to the profession and give them foundational tools for building a successful real estate business. As an objective, nonprofit third party, the association is a unique position to draw on resources and expertise from various companies and develop a proprietary training program including education, networking and mentorship.
The New REALTOR® Academy is available at no cost to qualifying Sumner REALTORS® members.
- Learn fundamentals for success in the real estate profession
- Establish meaningful relationships with other local REALTORS®
- Expand your personal and professional network
- Attend fun social events with classmates
- Earn a certificate and special recognition from your local REALTOR® association
- Ask questions, learn and vent in a closed Facebook group of your peers
How it Works
- Any new licensee who is also a Sumner REALTORS® member is eligible for the program during his/her first two years of licensure (program material and value is less relevant for more experienced agents).
- There is one program annually, running August – November in 2023
- Each class is limited to minimum of 10 and maximum of 20 participants and is filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Participants who miss more than one scheduled and required classes will be considered ineligible for program completion/recognition.
Schedule for 2023 Classes
*Schedule is subject to change. In-person activities will be held at the Sumner REALTORS® office.
|Monday, August 28||Education course: Agent Panel Discussion – member agents share in a discussion of “what I wish I knew when I first started in real estate.”|
|Friday, September 8||Education course: Marketing & Prospecting – how to build your database of clients using your sphere of influence and other networking to generate sales leads. Tips for personal marketing.|
|Friday, September 22||Education course: Contracts – learn from a broker and lender valuable information about the ins and outs of writing good contracts.|
|Education course: Broker Panel Discussion – a group of member brokers share their expertise and best practices for success.|
|Thursday, October 26||Education course: Time & Financial Management – how to maximize your productivity in and out of the office, even if your office is at home, and how you should organize a typical day in the profession. Plus, managing your finances as you enter your new career.|
|Monday, November 6||Education course: Speed Newtorking with Real Estate Professionals – ask questions and learn more about many of our industry Preferred Partners.|
Contact the association staff to let us know you are interested in participating, or if you have questions or need more information. It’s that simple.
Not Yet a Member?
Make Sumner REALTORS® your primary or secondary association so you can take advantage of this and many other member benefits.
New REALTOR® Academy is sponsored by