New REALTOR® Academy
Sumner REALTORS® is proud to offer the New REALTOR® Academy to local REALTOR® members beginning in 2021.
The Academy is designed to acclimate new agents to the profession and give them foundational tools for building a successful real estate business. As an objective, nonprofit third party, the association is a unique position to draw on resources and expertise from various companies and develop a proprietary 6-month training program including education, networking and mentorship.
The New REALTOR® Academy is available at no cost to qualifying Sumner REALTORS® members.
- Learn fundamentals for success in the real estate profession
- Earn 8 hours of Continuing Education credits
- Establish meaningful relationships with other local REALTORS®
- Expand your personal and professional network
- Pair with an industry veteran for valuable mentorship
- Attend fun social events with classmates
- Earn a certificate and special recognition from your local REALTOR® association
- Ask questions, learn and vent in a closed Facebook group of your peers
How it Works
- Any new licensee who is also a Sumner REALTORS® member is eligible for the program during his/her first two years of licensure (program material and value is less relevant for more experienced agents).
- There are two programs annually, each running six months – January through June and July through December – with the inaugural class beginning in January 2021.
- Each class is limited to minimum of 10 and maximum of 20 participants and is filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Participants who miss more than two scheduled and required classes will be considered ineligible for program completion/recognition.
Schedule For Inaugural Classes in 2021
*Schedule is subject to change. In-person activities will be held at the Sumner REALTORS® office but may transition to virtual depending on pandemic environment and/or other circumstances.
|January/July||Education course: Time management/scheduling – how to maximize your productivity in and out of the office, even if your office is at home, and how you should organize a typical day in the profession.|
|February/August||Education course: Marketing/prospecting – how to build your database of clients using your sphere of influence and other networking to generate sales leads.|
|March/September||Education course: Broker panel discussion – Diverse group of area brokers sharing their expertise and best practices for success, moderated by the Sumner REALTORS® CEO. Optional social/networking event for class participants.|
|April/October||Education course: Realtracs basic and mobile – Introduction to the MLS and related tools that you need to grow your business. (4 hours CE)|
|May/November||Education course: New Agent panel discussion – Agents with less than five years of experience participate in a “what I wish I knew then” discussion at the association office, moderated by the Sumner REALTORS CEO.|
|June/December||Education course: Contracts 101 – understanding the most important document in real estate. (4 hours CE) Optional social/networking event for class participants.|
Contact the association staff to let us know you are interested in participating, or if you have questions or need more information. It’s that simple.
Not Yet a Member?
Make Sumner REALTORS® your primary or secondary association so you can take advantage of this and many other member benefits.
New REALTOR® Academy is sponsored by