Code of Ethics
New REALTOR Academy
2021 SRS Designation
Poker Chip Challenge and Car Show
Awards of Excellence
2020 Membership Satisfaction Survey
Board and Staff
Sumner REALTORS® standing committees are groups of members who volunteer to help carry out the work of the association. REALTORS® and Preferred Partners may choose to get involved in any committee to share ideas, broaden their professional network and develop unique leadership skills.
Members may express interest in serving on Sumner REALTORS® standing committees at any point throughout the year, though staff will communicate to solicit interest annually in the fall for the following year. The President and President-Elect work with the staff to set committee membership for the upcoming year by selecting from members who express interest. The term of service is one (1) year. A member may serve a maximum of three (3) consecutive years on a committee and may be asked to serve additional terms at the discretion of the Committee Chair.
It's time to get involved and make a difference in your association!
Complete this form online or contact the Sumner REALTORS® office at 615.824.6629 or firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.
– Plans continuing education classes and other professional development that the association offers throughout the year, identifies topics and speakers, determines the appropriate mix of in-person and online formats, sets fees for members and coordinates food and beverage sponsors.
Governmental Affairs Committee
– Monitors activities at the local government level that affect the real estate profession, informs members of notable actions and opportunities to get involved, works with state and national associations on influencing public policies, and organizes advocacy functions such as legislative updates and “meet the candidates” events.
– Organizes events and other functions to raise funds from REALTOR® members who want a voice and influence with elected officials and uses funds to support candidates who support the real estate profession and related policies.
– Promotes member participation in the association and in the community by organizing regular social, networking and fundraising events.
Golf Task Force
– Plans and coordinates the annual Sumner Realtors® Golf Classic tournament, including securing sponsors and teams, collecting money, organizing volunteers and hosting the evening party.
– Promotes REALTORS® in the community by engaging members in events and activities that benefit local civic or charitable organizations, such as Habitat for Humanity, and give members opportunities to participate directly in programs like blood drives and Easter egg hunts for local underprivileged children.
– Works with Secretary/Treasurer and CEO to provide fiscal oversight of association operations, including reviewing association budget, investment and reserve policies, and ensuring accurate and transparent financial accounting for members.
Professional Standards Committee
– Enforces the Code of Ethics by receiving and reviewing disputes and conducting Professional Standards hearings.
*Only REALTOR® members can serve on this committee and must agree to a 3-year term with annual Professional Standards training provided by the association. Directors serving on the Board may not serve.
– Reviews requests for Code of Ethics and/or Arbitration and determines if such complaints warrant a hearing by the Professional Standards Committee.
*Only REALTOR® members can serve on this committee. Directors serving on the Board may not serve.
Please indicate the committee(s) on which you wish to serve by checking the boxes that correspond to the committee descriptions above:
Golf Task Force
Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY
Please type your full name below to indicate that you are committed to serving on the indicated
Sumner REALTORS® committee(s).