HENDERSONVILLE – A select group of 14 local real estate professionals has earned distinction as the first graduating class of the New REALTOR® Academy, a training program created and administered by Sumner REALTORS®. The nonprofit membership association designed the proprietary Academy to acclimate new agents to the profession and give them foundational tools for building a successful real estate business.
The inaugural class launched in January. Graduates received approximately 13 hours of professional education tailored to new real estate agents during the 6-month program, including 7 hours of Continuing Education credits recognized by the Tennessee Real Estate Commission. Planned social activities were canceled due to the lingering COVID-19 pandemic, but students used the Academy as a unique forum for professional networking. Several participants also voluntarily took advantage of a mentorship component that paired them with more experienced REALTORS® willing to share expertise and guide new agents on their early career paths.
“We heard about so many different experiences from new agents who had either a rigorous orientation to the business or in some cases none whatsoever, depending on the company where they chose to affiliate. There is no real consistency beyond the state licensure requirements,” said Dave Chaney, Chief Executive Officer of Sumner REALTORS®. “Our goal with the Academy was to pool resources and expertise from within our association and offer new members a way to get the foundational tools they need to be successful agents, regardless of company. We commend these 14 REALTORS® for the voluntary time and effort they have invested in accelerating their professional development.”
The association congratulates the following REALTORS® for completing the inaugural class:
- Emily Carter, Coldwell Banker Lakeside – Hendersonville
- Randy Daly, Luxury Homes of Tennessee – Franklin
- April Davidson, Exit Real Estate Solutions – Hendersonville
- Jess Denton, R/M Choice Properties – Hendersonville
- Brian Flanary, Caudill Properties – Hendersonville
- Tanesha Frezzell, Crye-Leike – Gallatin
- Lori Guinan, Exit Realty Garden Gate Team – Gallatin
- Jamie Hill, One Stop Realty – Hendersonville
- Kristina Keck, simpliHOM – Hendersonville
- Katelyn Lyons, Coldwell Banker Lakeside – Hendersonville
- Collin McElroy, One Stop Realty – Hendersonville
- Diane Murphy, Weichert REALTORS® – Hendersonville
- Cindy Shire, Spotted Dog Realty – Portland
- David Wampler, One Stop Realty – Hendersonville
The association offered the program as a free benefit for qualifying Sumner REALTORS® members thanks to a generous sponsorship from Smith.Sholar.Milliken.PLLC, a real estate and title law firm with offices in Gallatin, Goodlettsville and Nashville.
The next class of the New REALTOR® Academy begins in July and is full. REALTOR® members can inquire about the Academy by contacting the association at email@example.com or 615.824.6629. The program will once again be free to qualifying members, thanks to Smith.Sholar.Milliken.PLLC.
For more information about the New REALTOR Academy®, visit sumnerrealtors.com/newrealtoracademy.